Now that summer’s around the corner (Memorial Day weekend counts as summer right?!), it’s time to unearth all my favorite dresses from their closet hibernation – beginning with my always festive florals! In this post, I’ll show you how to find a style that flatters every figure and where to buy these gorgeous gowns at every price point!
SHOP THE LOOK
Before the weather even warms up in February/March, I’m already on the hunt for bright, colorful dresses! Those of you who know me or regularly follow my feed know quite well by now what a sucker I am for florals – and that I’ll find a way to wear them from spring to summer to fall and even winter! 🙂 A lot of people shy away from floral prints for fear of looking too feminine, too frumpy, or simply too old-fashioned. I totally get that floral prints aren’t new, avant-garde or fashion-forward, but they are oh-so-lovely and flatter every figure and skin tone! But with so many different types of prints, designs, cuts, shapes and lengths on floral dresses, what type would suit every type of gal?! My go-to is a floral maxi with flutter sleeves and a deep low v-neck, fitted bodice and full-as-full-can-be skirt! Let’s be real – everyone looks good when their bustline and waist are emphasized, and all the extra fabric of a flowy, drapey skirt can effectively hide those winter lbs we haven’t yet shed (or don’t plan to shed because there are too many great summer BBQs to partake in!)! Check out my tips below for more helpful hints on how to buy the floral maxi that’s best for you!
buy provigil from uk Helpful Hints:
- Brighter prints against a darker or more saturated fabric will also help you look less girly and more svelte, like this gorgeous ASOS floral print dress shown above!
- If you’ve got great gams, grab a maxi with a slit or one that buttons down the front so you can show a little leg as well! If not, take comfort in the glamorous flow of a gown with the toned-down look you get from the print itself!
- Pair a super-feminine floral frock with accessories or layers that give it a little edge, like a fitted leather blazer or moto jacket, or chunky lace-up gladiator heels and a studded bag
- Oversized fedoras will give you a beautiful boho chic effect – stick with darker colors for brighter prints, and neutral tones for darker fabrics
- Bigger, bolder patterns that are spaced apart will be easier to wear year-round and from day-to-night (you can accessorize these more easily with cropped jackets, leather motos or cozy sweaters and boots in the fall)
- Smaller patterns more pervasively printed all over the dress will work best for daytime
SHOP MY CURRENT FAVORITE FLORAL FROCKS
Shop my fave frocks of the season above, check other ways to wear your pretty prints you can try these out here and please share your own favorite way to get your floral fix this season in the comments below!